Magnus RFID: next generation sensors for machine safety
The application of Magnus RFID sensors can be extremely wide thanks to the compact and versatile design.
The different design and technology options and the complete mechanical compatibility with Magnus MG series make this product extremely valuable for users.
The RFID technology enables Magnus RFID sensors to be individually coded in three different ways to allow the appropriate tampering protection in all applications.
The highest configurations allow each sensor to be paired with one only assigned actuator.
The RFID technology used allows to reach safety levels up to PL e / SIL 3 also when connecting the sensors in series.
As a result, Magnus RFID sensors can be simply integrated in existing safety scenarios, offering a cost-effective solution for modifying and upgrading machines.
Multiple options of actuation technology
- Individual coding
The actuator is programmed via teach-inandpermanently assigned to the sensor during set-up(the process can be repeated if necessary)
- Unique coding
The actuatoris permanently assigned to thesensor during manufacturing (it cannot bereplaced with another actuator)
- Actuator coded
The actuator is free and not specifically assigned to the sensor (one actuator can work with multiple sensors)
Series connection with maximum safety
Reliable evaluation,e.g. with the modularsafety controller Mosaic or with the AD SR1configurable safety control unit.
Up to PL ePerformance Levelaccording to EN ISO 13849-1.
5 m cable or Pigtail M12 (15 cm) connector. Magnus RFID satisfies all requirements with regards to connectivity.
Cables and connectors approved for the food industry complete the range of sensors.
Ideal also in the most demanding applications
Unique mechanical characteristics allow protection againts cleaning agents and washdown processes, a typical requirement of the food industry.
- Resistant to aggressive elements, e.g. cleaning agents used in the food industry
- Waterproof housing in compliance with IP67 and IP69K requirements
- Individual coding
- 2006/42/EC: Machine Directive
- 2014/30/EU: Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
- 2014/35/EU: Low Voltage Directive
- EN 61508-1 (ed.2) (SIL3) Functional safety of electrical/electronic programmable electronic safety related systems. General requirements
- EN 61508-2 (ed.2) (SIL3) Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety related systems. Requirements for electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems
- EN 61508-3 (ed.2) (SIL3) Functional safety of electrical/electronic programmable electronic safety related systems. Software requirements
- ISO 13849-1:2015 Safety of machinery. Safety-related parts of control systems. Part 1: General principles for design
- IEC 62061: Safety of machinery. Functional safety of safety-related electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems